YOHJI YAMAMOTO said
YOHJI YAMAMOTO said: For me a woman who is absorbed in her work, who does not care about gaining one’s favor, strong yet subtle at the same time, is essentially more seductive. The more she hides and abandons her femininity, the more it emerges from the very heart of her existence. A pair of brilliantly cut cotton trousers can be more beautiful than a gorgeous silk gown.
She Is The Woman Who…
- Does not consume garments, she lives her life in them and dresses honestly.
- Has original style without being eccentric.
- Chooses garments and experiences that allow her to be the self she is and the self that is always becoming.
- Likes special, carefully edited and curate collections
- Is somber, seductive and romantic.
- Has the strength not to be part of a group even while she is delightedly part of a group(s).
- Is able to express uncertainties, fears and contradictions
- Has a life that is lived in neighbourhoods, workplaces and with families and friends.
- Walks the fine line between rebellion and convention because she has to
- Has integrity in that she can embrace opposing tension
- Is becoming increasingly experimental.
- Relishes the fully lived life
- Is interested in meaning and memory.
- Occupies cultural space with confidence.
- Repudiates invisibility.
- Has unfinished business
- Open to serendipity, she can let go and follow where chance leads her. A huge fan of accidental occurrences’ and making something of them, she believes in fate (like a professor becoming a fashion icon).